The Suzuki Hayabusa is quite simply the Ultimate Sportbike. Twist the throttle and it responds with awesome acceleration and crisp throttle response in every gear with an unbelievable top-end charge. Thanks to a lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum frame and state-of-the-art suspension, that performance is matched by equally impressive handling, providing exceptional control in tight corners, reassuring stability in sweeping turns and a smooth ride on the highway. The sleek, aerodynamic body work functions as it appears so the Hayabusa slips through the wind like a Peregrine Falcon.
- Powerful 1340cc in-line 4-cylinder fuel-injected, liquid-cooled DOHC engine built to deliver a broad wave of torque for effortless acceleration.
- Forged three-ring aluminum-alloy slipper pistons provide superior strength, while PVD-coated rings reduce friction and improve cylinder sealing.
- The chrome nitride Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) piston ring coating is harder and smoother than conventional chrome plating, reducing friction while improving sealing to the cylinder.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) cylinder plating improves heat dissipation, durability and ring seal.
- U-shaped cutouts in the cylinder-bore sides allow air pressure created by descending pistons to escape to adjacent cylinders to reduce internal pumping pressure and mechanical power losses.
- Lightweight titanium valves allow use of light valve springs and high lift while maintaining accurate valve control.
- Iridium spark plugs produce more complete combustion and last longer than conventional plugs.
- Curved radiator with a compact, dense-core design and two ECM-controlled electric fans keep the engine temperature stable.
- Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) serves as back-torque-limiting system for smooth downshifts and also contributes to a light clutch pull.
- Close ratio, constant-mesh 6-speed transmission uses dedicated oil spray to the 4th, 5th and 6th gears to reduce friction, wear and mechanical noise during high-speed operation.
- Suzuki’s advanced fuel-injection system with tapered, 44mm double-barrel Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) induction improves combustion e?ciency and smooth’s throttle response.
- Two 12-hole fine-spray injectors on each throttle body improve fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency while reducing fuel consumption.
- Idle Speed Control (ISC) system improves cold starting and helps maintain stable engine idle under a variety of conditions.
- Suzuki Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system ignites unburned hydrocarbons (HC) and reduces carbon monoxide (CO) emissions.
- Large-volume catalyzer in the twin-silencer exhaust permits high flow while further reducing HC, CO and nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) lets riders select engine power output to match preferences or riding conditions.
- Twin-spar aluminum-alloy frame built with castings and extrusions to produce a balance or lightweight and strength.
- Rear sub-frame made of rectangular steel tubing for ample weight carrying capacity.
- KYB inverted cartridge forks feature Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating on the 43mm stanchion tubes to reduce friction and improve reaction to small road surface irregularities.
- The front forks and the single rear shock absorber both have fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping.
- Standard-equipment steering damper quells unwanted vibration and steering forces.
- Three-spoke cast-aluminum-alloy wheels shod with 120/70ZR17M/C (58W) front and 190/50ZR17M/C (73W) rear radial tires.
- Dual 310mm (12.2 inch) floating-brake rotors are mated with radial-mount Brembo monobloc front brake calipers. The calipers are lighter and more rigid than conventional bolt-together calipers, deliver better feedback, and are ?tted with larger pistons that increase initial bite for greater controllability. The hollow-type mounting bolts further reduce weight.
- Solo 260mm (10.2 inch) rotor is grabbed by a single-piston rear brake caliper.
- The standard equipment Antilock Brake System (ABS)* unit features a lightweight, compact design. The ABS enhances brake performance by helping prevent, to a certain extent, wheel locking due to changes in road conditions or excessive braking, by matching stopping power to available traction. (*Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please ride carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.)
- Radical aerodynamic styling and smooth bodywork provides the Hayabusa its distinctive look, protects the rider from the wind, and improves fuel e?ciency.
- Advanced aerodynamics offering superb wind protection both for normal and completely tucked-in seating positions.
- Integrated front turn signals form the outer edges of the functional ram-air-intake scoop.
- Vertically stacked headlight featuring a projector high beam and a halogen-bulb multi-reflector low beam.
- Unique tail section featuring streamlined bulges that integrate the rear turn signals.
- Bright, durable LED taillight, with clear inner lens and red outer lens.
- Four analog gauges including step-motor-driven tachometer and speedometer. Round LCD panel includes clock, gear position indicator, S-DMS map indicator, odometer and dual trip meters. Engine-rpm indicator, programmable to blink or stay on between 4,000 and 11,500 rpm.
- Silver metallic trim around the analog gauges and LCD panel match the styling of race-specification meters.
- Stylized Suzuki “S” 3-D emblems on the fuel tank and the fork upper bracket denotes the quality, sophistication and performance legacy of the brand.
- Quality details abound with passenger foot-peg brackets, muffler hangers, rider foot-peg and control brackets that evoking the fine art of feudal Japanese armor, Yoroi-Kabuto.
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for Hayabusa owners are available including a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
- 12-month limited warranty.
- Engine: 1340cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, 4-cylinder, DOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 81.0 mm x 65.0 mm (3.19 in. x 2.56 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 12.5 : 1
- Fuel System: Suzuki Fuel injection
- Starter: Electronic
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain, RK GB50GSV Z4, 114 links
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Brembo, Disc, twin
- Brakes Rear: Disc
- Tires Front: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
- Tires Rear: 190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 21.0 L (5.5 US gal.), 20.0 L (5.3 US gal.) CA model
- Color: Glass Sparkle Black / Pearl Glacier White, Pearl Vigor Blue / Glass Sparkle Black
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
Dimensions and Curb Weight
- Overall Length: 2190 mm (86.2 in.)
- Overall Width: 735 mm (28.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1480 mm (58.3 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 120 mm (4.7 in.)
- Seat Height: 805 mm (31.7 in.)
- Curb Weight: 266 kg (586 lb.)
- Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
For your safety, always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing when riding any motorcycle or ATV. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. Study your owner's manual and always inspect your Suzuki before riding. Take a riding skills course. For the MSF street course nearest you, call 1-800-446-9227. Off-road riders can enroll in the DirtBike SchoolSM by calling 1-877-288-7093. ATV riders can call the SVIA at 1-800-852-5344 and we’ll even pay for the training. Suzuki engineered the GSX-Rs™, Hayabusa, and the QuadSport Z400 for experienced riders.